It’s no secret I love to meal prep. I also freaking LOVE granola! So I try to keep this on hand because it holds up for a long time in an airtight container, and I’ve also vacuum sealed it and put it in the freezer. It doesn’t usually last long though because I tend to take it everywhere!
I have a store by me called Fresh Thyme, they are amazing and they have a peanut grinder so you can grind your own fresh. It’s super convenient and fun for the kids to do lol!
Also, this recipe is really flexible. Omit coconut if you don’t like it. Feeling nutty? Add peanuts, almonds or cashews. If chocolate isn’t your thing *gasp* then omit that too.
2 1/2 cups rolled oats (I prefer to not use the instant but it’s up to you)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter or ghee
1/4 cup brown sugar (you can use coconut sugar too)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
Dark chocolate chips, as many as you like
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line a 9 inch baking dish with parchment or foil and spray with cooking spray. I use olive oil spray but use whatever you have.
- Place your oats and nuts, if using, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until toasted.
- Add honey, butter and brown sugar to a sauce pan and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt.
- Add the honey mixture to the oats and stir well. Add all other ingredients except chocolate and stir, the idea is to make sure there aren’t any dry spots.
- If you are adding chocolate, wait about 10 minutes before adding so it doesn’t just melt.
- Spread into your prepared pan and press down on it firmly. You can use a rubber spatula, your hand, the bottom of a cup. You just want to make it as dense as possible.
- Chill for 2 hours and cut into bars.